Grilling with cedar wraps infuses food with cedar aroma and steam without adding extra calories or crafting a messy clean up. Wraps are especially excellent for grilling food like vegetables, scallops, and delicate white fish that tends to get battered on the grill. Cedar grilling wraps can be used in the oven or on the grill, but here are some basic grill instructions.
How to use Cedar Grilling Wraps:
- Soak wraps for 10-20 minutes in water. Preheat grill to medium (350ºF-400ºF.)
- Arrange food in the center of the wrap, parallel to the grain of the wood. Wrap edges toward each other and overwrap slightly. Tie with a piece of the enclosed natural fiber twine.
- Place wrapped packet on the hot grill; keep away from direct flames. Close grill and cook for 5-15 minutes or until done. Cooking times will vary.
- Serve in the wrap. Cedar wrapped entrées are attractive to present at the table.
- As always, keep a spray bottle close in case of flare-ups, and enjoy the sweet smell of cedar and alder.
Check out our selection of cedar grilling wraps.
*If you enjoyed this blog post, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!