This recipe was created in Kona, HI. If you can't get a hold of some of the more exotic ingredients feel free to substitute local ingredients.
- 1 Alder Grilling Plank
- 2 Ono or swordfish steaks
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 c. rice, steamed
- 1 white onion, diced
- ½ c. fresh mango, diced
- ½ c. assorted berries- I used black cap raspberries and Suriname cherry
- Sea salt, and a squeeze or two of lime
- Soak Grilling Plank for at least 15 minutes in hot tap water.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, place soaked alder plank on grill and add pineapple rounds. Close lid and allow to smoke and smolder for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add fillets on top of pineapple rounds, sprinkle sea salt atop fish, and scoop half of the salsa fresca on top. Allow fish to grill for 10-12 minute.
- Carefully remove from grill, serve over rice and top with remaining salsa fresca. Enjoy!