Creamy and herbaceous, Green Goddess dressing is good on pretty much anything you put it on. Here it pulls double duty as a marinade and as a final dressing.
Serves - 4
Time - 1 hour active time, plus ~6 hours to marinate
Tip - If you have extra dressing, it will keep well in your fridge for up to a week.
- 2 Alder Grilling Planks
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1½ cups Buttermilk or Plain Yogurt
- 1 cup fresh Basil leaves
- ¼ cup Chives
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- In a blender, puree buttermilk, chives, garlic, green onions, lime zest and juice, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Put the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or other sealable container and cover with about three quarters of the Green Goddess dressing, setting the rest aside for later. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven or grill to 400° F.
- Soak Alder grilling plank in warm water for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and lay it on the grilling planks, covering as much of the wood as possible.
- Place the planks onto preheated grill and cook with the lid closed for 25-30 minutes, until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving with the remaining sauce.