Alder smoke has a subtle effect on Yukons and with the bright pesto this dish is hearty yet light.
Serves – 4
Total Time – 45 minutes
Tip – Toss the potatoes in the pesto while they are still warm.
- Alder Grilling Planks
- 6 Yukon Potatoes
- 4 Carrots, peeled, with tops removed and set aside
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Pecans
For the pesto
- Carrot Tops, about a cup
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- squeeze of Lemon juice
- pinch of Salt
- Preheat an oven or grill to 400˚ F. Soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and the carrots into quarters.
- Toss the potato and carrots in the mustard, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Lay the potato and carrots on the planks and set on the grill or in the oven, cook for 30 – 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Place the bell pepper on the grill and char until black all over. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin, remove the seeds, and cut into strips.
- While the potatoes cook, make the pesto. Place the carrot tops, garlic, oil, lemon, and salt in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Toss the warm potatoes in the pesto and garnish with pecans and strips of roasted pepper.