This recipe scales up easily if you're making chicken drums for a crowd!
Total time: 3 hours
- Apple Smoking Chips
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- ¼ cup Gochujang paste
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Preheat a smoker to 275°F.
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a pan. Whisk to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until thick and sticky.
- Add some glaze to a mixing bowl and toss the chicken to coat evenly. Reserve some glaze for brushing.
- Place the drumsticks in the smoker and cook for 2-2 1/2 hours, brushing with more glaze every 30 minutes. Internal temp should be around 190° for very tender results.
- A quick sear in a pan or on a grill will add some nice color after smoking is complete.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 – 10 minutes before eating.