Here is an asparagus recipe easy enough for anyone to follow. Have your asparagus prepped and cooked in 15 minutes!
- 1 Cedar Grilling Plank. Soak in hot tap water for 15-20 minutes before using.
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus.
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons (approx. 3-4 tablespoons).
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest.
- 3-4 TBS. extra virgin olive oil.
- Coarsely ground salt and pepper.
First: Wash and trim asparagus. Mix lemon juice and olive oil. In a shallow pan or bowl, toss asparagus gently with lemon juice and olive oil to coat.
Second: Arrange asparagus spears in one layer on wet plank. Apply ground, coarse salt and pepper to taste.
Then: Place plank on medium heat grill. Close lid and cook for about 10 min. or until crisp and tender. Check every few minutes. If flare-ups occur douse flames with spray water bottle.
Finally: When done cooking, remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh lemon zest. Serve from plank or from a serving platter.