Whether for guacamole, avocado toast, or delicious taco flavoring, avocados are one of the greats in the food world. We decided to take that great and put it on the grill with an Alder plank for flavor. Alder produces a subtle smoke flavor that transfers nicely.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 5x11″ Wildwood Grilling Alder Plank
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh Mozzarella Balls
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Sprouts
- 1/2 Lemon Basil, fresh
Pro Tip: Grill the bread briefly to give it grill marks and smoky flavor!
- Soak the Alder plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Slice avocados in half and remove pit. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place avocados on plank (with the inside down). Cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip avocados to skin-side down on the plank and top with tomatoes, mozzarella and sprouts. Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- When done, serve on bread with more sprouts, goat cheese and lemon juice.
*If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!