Honey makes a lovely sweet addition to planked salmon and the lavender adds a delicious floral note to the smoky flavor of the dish. This glaze also gives the salmon a beautiful shiny appearance.
- 1 Cedar Grilling Plank
- 1 lb. fresh salmon filet
- 1 tsp. dried lavender
- 1/4 c. honey
- Salt + Pepper
- Soak grilling plank in water for at least one hour, making sure it’s completely submerged.
- Preheat grill to 400ºF.
- To make glaze, combine the lavender, honey and water in a small pan and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until reduced by half and mixture is syrupy, pass through a strainer and reserve.
- Place the salmon on the cedar plank and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the plank on the grill and liberally brush on some of the glaze and close the lid. Continue to brush the salmon every two minutes until the salmon is cooked, this will take 16-18 minutes.
- Remove the plank from the grill and serve immediately.
*If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!