This is great sharing plate, with some bright and bold flavors.
Tip – Taking the time to cure results in a firmer fish that is also delicious served cold.
For the Salmon
- 1 Sockeye Salmon filet, 2- 3lbs, skin and bones removed
- ¼ cup Salt
- ¼ cup light Brown Sugar
For the Sauce
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Dill, chopped
- ½ Lemon, juiced
For the relish
- 1 cup English Cucumber, diced
- ½ cup, Red Bell Pepper, diced
- Whole Lettuce leaves
- Combine the salt and brown sugar. Rub over both sides of the salmon, wrap well (plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or a clean dish towel) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill to 400°F and soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and rinse under cold water, pat dry.
- Place the salmon on the plank and set it on the grill, cook for 12-15 minutes or until done.
- While the salmon cooks, combine the yogurt, dill and lemon into a small bowl.
- Toss the cucumber with the bell pepper and set aside.
- To serve - flake the salmon into largish pieces, serve with the sauce, relish, and plenty of lettuce leaves for wrapping.