Some bold flavors, and Cedar wood, work tremendously well with this classic American Fish.
Serves – 4
Chef's Tip – If you can’t find harissa powder, you can use the paste instead - just omit the olive oil. If you can’t find Harissa at all, any kind of spicy ground chili will work just fine.
- Cedar Grilling Plank
- 1.5 lb Catfish Filets, skin and bones removed
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Harissa Powder
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat a grill or oven to 425°F and soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Rinse the catfish and pat dry. Rub with a small amount of olive oil.
- Season the fish all over with Harissa.
- Combine the lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and salt. Evenly distribute the mixture over the top of each filet.
- Set the catfish filets on the grilling planks and place them on the grill or in the oven.
- Cook the fish for 15 minutes or until cooked through and flakey.
- Serve immediately.