For all the fisherman out there, this is a simple recipe that is easy to prepare and does your time on the water some justice.
Serves – 2
Total Time – 30 minutes
Tip – Cooking a delicate fish like this on a grilling plank omits the need to turn it over and reduces the chance of it falling apart.
- Cedar Grilling Planks
- 4 Bass Fillets, bones removed
- 2 large Bread Rolls, halved
For the rub
- 1 Tbsp Ground Coffee
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Chili powder
- 1Tbsp Paprika
- ½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper, ground
For the Remoulade
- 2 Celery stalks, sliced thin
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
- Combine all the rub ingredients and generously season the bass filets.
- Place the fillets on the plank, skin side down and set on the grill or in the oven for 15 minutes or until done.
- While the bass cooks, combine all the remoulade ingredients and set aside.
- Remove the planks from the heat.
- Briefly toast the bread and generously sauce the top and bottom of each roll.
- Add 2 bass fillets to each roll.