Serve these delicious cedar planked lobster tails with a lemon aioli dressing for a home-run meal.
- 1 5x11 Cedar Grilling Plank
- 5 6-8oz raw lobster tails
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Soak cedar grilling plank in hot tap water for around 15 minutes. Preheat grill to 400Fº.
- Turn lobster tails leg side up and carefully cut down the center cutting only the shell. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lemon slices on the plank and sprinkle with chives. Place lobster legs side down on top of lemon slices and move to the grill, closing the lid.
- After 10-12 minutes the plank will be smoking and the lobster meat will be firm in a bright red shell. Remove from grill.
- The tail meat can be pulled out of the shell after a few minutes to cool. We ate ours with Chive lemon aioli.
Chive Lemon Aioli Ingredients
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Handful fresh chives
- Pinch of salt
- Place eggs in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds.
- With the machine still running very slowly add the oil in a thin stream.
- When the oil is incorporated the aioli will have thickened.
- Add lemon juice, chives and salt. Blitz until smooth.
*If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!