Serves – 4 Total Time – 45 minutes
The fresh Cedar wood flavor adds some brightness to the earthiness of the coffee rub, this would make a killer breakfast chop.
Tip – There are plenty of coffee rubs on the market out there, this home-made version is hands down the best you will ever try.
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- 4 Bone-in Pork Steaks – 8-10 oz
For the rub
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Coffee
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Coarse Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Tbsp. Chili Powder
- ½ Tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- ½ Tbsp. Granulated Onion
- Vegetables for Grilling, such as Zucchini, Bell Peppers and Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat a grill to 425°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Rub each steak with a little oil.
- Combine all the rub ingredients and generously season each steak.
- Place 2 steaks on each plank and set them on the grill.
- Close the lid and cook for 12-15 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 150°F. Set aside to let the meat rest.
- Toss the vegetables is some oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill for 5 minutes, turning once and cook until nice grill marks have formed.
- Serve the steaks warm and pile the grilled vegetables on top.