Serves – 2 Total time – 45 Minutes
These rockfish filets are the perfect candidate for plank grilling – since they don’t need to be flipped over they’re much more likely to stay intact.
Tip – Thin cut bacon works best for this dish. Bacon can be salty, so go easy on the additional salt!
- Cedar Grilling Plank
- 4 - 5-7 oz. Rockfish Fillets
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- 4 slices Bacon
- Coarse Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 slices Lemon
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F and soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Par cook the bacon in the oven or microwave until cooked but not crispy, set aside to cool.
- Pat the fish dry. Lay two of the fish filets on a cutting board and top with the capers, butter, and parsley. Place the remaining two fish filets on top to form a stack.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each stack to secure.
- Place the fish on the plank with 2 slices of lemon under each one, season with salt and pepper.
- Set the plank on the grill or in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until you reach an internal temp of 125°F. Serve immediately.