A classic cedar planked salmon with a punchy and flavorful salsa verde that is ready for you to use up any soft herbs that are floating around your produce drawer.
Serves – 4
Total Time – 30 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Plank
- 4 5-6 oz. Salmon portions
For the Salsa Verde
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 cup mixed Herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, basil, or dill
- 2 Tbsp Capers or Anchovies
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to 400˚ F. Soak the plank in hot water for around 15 minutes.
- Place the salmon portions on the soaked plank and grill with the lid closed for 15-20 minutes, or until desired level of doneness is reached.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the salsa verde.
- Finely chop the garlic, herbs, and capers or anchovies into a medium bowl. Whisk in the lemon zest, juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and adjust as necessary.
- When the salmon is finished cooking, remove from the grill and serve with the salsa verde. This would be great over some rice or potatoes!