Tuna is a fantastic fish for cooking on a plank. The moisture that escapes the wood during cooking really helps prevent the fish from becoming too dry.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Chef’s tip - You can use any kind of fresh Tuna for this recipe, but we particularly recommend Albacore for its firm texture.
- Cedar Grilling Planks
- 4 5-7 oz pieces of fresh Tuna
- ¼ Cup Tarragon, chopped
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil + extra
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 8 oz Fresh Green Beans
- 8 Fresh Chilis, assorted colors
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat a grill or oven to 425°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the tarragon, olive oil, garlic, and sliced lemon. Cover the fish in the mixture and allow to marinate for up to an hour.
- Cut the chilis in half and deseed for a milder heat. Toss the chilis and beans in a little olive oil.
- Place the vegetables and tuna onto your soaked grilling planks and season with salt.
- Set the planks on the grill or in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until the tuna reaches an internal temperature of at least 125°F.
- Serve immediately.