- 1 Cedar Grilling Wrap
- 1 Whole Golden Trout (10-12 oz)
- 3 thin slices of butter
- Small bunch of thyme and oregano
- 3 thin slices of lemon (plus extra to serve)
- Pepper and kosher salt
- Soak cedar wrap in water for 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350Fº
- Rinse and dry the trout inside and out. Season the inside well with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavity first with the lemon, then butter, then herbs.
- Place the fish on the cedar wrap parallel to the grain of the wood. Pull the wood edges over to enclose the trout. Secure with the twine.
- Place the little wrapped fish package on hot campfire coals.
- Remove the fish from the heat after 14-16 minutes or when the flesh easily falls away from the bone.
- Gently open the package and, using a knife and starting at the head, carefully pull the bones away from the fish.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
*If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!