Cod and cedar work incredibly well with these vibrant Moroccan flavors.
Serves – 2
Total Time – 25 minutes
Tip – Preserved lemons take just a few minutes to make but need several weeks before they are ready to use. They can then be kept refrigerated for several months and are a great way to extend the use of squeezed lemons.
For the preserved Lemons
- 2 Lemons
- Kosher Salt to cover
For the Cod
- Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Flat leaf Parsley, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Preserved Lemon rind, chopped
- This can be done at least 3 weeks in advance (it’s worth it). Cut the lemons from top to bottom but leave them intact at one end.
- Place the lemons in a clean jar and press down very firmly to release the juices.
- Fill the jar with salt to cover and top with a little water so that the lemons are completely covered. Give jar a good shake, seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 425°F and soak the grilling wrap in hot water for at least 5 minutes.
- Chop a few tablespoons of the preserved lemon rind and set the rest aside for later use.
- Combine the cumin, parsley, garlic and chopped lemon rind in a mixing bowl.
- Generously cover each piece of fish with the mixture and place on the plank.
- Set the wrapped fish on the grill or in the oven, cook for 15 minutes or to an internal temperature of 125°F.
- Serve immediately.