This dish can be served hot or cold, so if you are strapped for time the veg can be easily cooked up in advance.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Tip – I used carrot, parsnips, beets and squash but any root vegetables will work for this recipe.
- Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 2 large Carrots, peeled
- 2 large Parsnips, peeled
- 2 large Beets, peeled (I used both golden and red beets)
- 1 large Turnip, peeled
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and deseeded
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
For the dressing
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 Radishes, sliced thin
- Flat leaf Parsley, whole leaves
- ¼ Cup Pecans
- Soak the wraps in water for at least 1 minute and preheat a grill to 400°F.
- Cut the vegetable into sticks of roughly the same size.
- Toss the vegetables in a little oil, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the vegetables evenly between the grilling wraps. Roll the cedar wraps around the root veg and secure with twine.
- Place the wraps on the grill and cook until all the veg is tender.
- While the wraps are on the grill, make the dressing. Add the juices and honey to a blender. With the machine running, slowly stream in the oil to emulsify.
- To serve, remove the veg from the wraps and place on a platter. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with radish, parsley, and pecans.