The same old burgers just won’t cut it anymore. For this recipe, we combined two things everyone loves (burgers and cheese) into one giant, mouthwatering, you’ll-regret-this-later kind of meal. Our cheese-stuffed burgers on a hickory grilling plank are bursting of flavor (and two kinds of cheese) for a meal you won’t soon forget.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 Hickory Grilling Planks
- 2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 tsp. each of Litehouse Instantly Fresh: Thyme, Sage & Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Bread Crumbs
- 4 Buns
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak Hickory planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F. Mix instantly fresh sage, thyme & red onion with water.
- Combine ground beef, herb mixture, salt, pepper and bread crumbs. Form into 8 thin patties.
- Slice Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese into small pieces and place on 4 of the patties (they will need to fit inside the patty, with room on the outside, to seal the patties together).
- Add another patty on top to create stuffed burger.
- Place two slices of red onion on each plank and add burger on top.
- Add to grill and cook with lid closed for 15-20 minutes, or until desired done-ness.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Add buns to grill on indirect heat for 2-3 minutes.
- When done, remove plank and buns from grill and serve with your favorite burger toppings. Enjoy!
*If you enjoyed this recipe post, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!