This refreshing salsa packs a hit of both heat, sweet, and cherry smoke. You can genuinely taste the fruit in cherry wood smoke. Just like any salsa this one gets better as it chills and the flavors mingle.
Serves – a group
Time – 30 minutes
- Cherry Grilling Planks
- 4 ripe Peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1 White Onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Habanero Chili
- 1 Cucumber, diced small
- ¼ cup Green Onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup Tomato, diced
- 1 Lime
- Preheat a grill or oven to 500˚ F, soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the peaches, onion, and habanero on the cherry planks and set on the grill. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the onion start to darken.
- Remove the planked items from the grill, set aside to cool then dice small.
- Combine all ingredients and season with lime juice. This is ready to eat, or can benefit from being chilled for a couple of hours before being eaten with tortilla chips.