This sweet treat could not be easier. The heat from the grill with the light smoke from the cherry plank transform plums into the sweetest, juiciest little gems that are true perfection with a scoop of quality vanilla ice cream.
Serves – 4
Time – 20 minutes
- Cherry Grilling Planks
- Honey, optional
- Cinnamon, optional
- Vanilla Ice Cream, not optional
- Preheat a grill or oven to 400˚F, soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the plums into halves or quarters, discarding the pits. Arrange them cut side down onto the grilling plank, getting them as tight together as possible. You want to try to cover as much of the plank as you can.
- Depending on how sweet the plums are, drizzle with a little honey and sprinkle with a little cinnamon to your liking.
- Grill with the lid closed for 10-20 minutes, or until they are soft and the juices are starting to release.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream!