Ribs in all their glory with the direct smoky flavor from the grilling planks.
- 1 rack of baby back ribs (beef or pork)
- Your favorite dry spice-salt rub
- 1 7x15" Cedar Grilling Plank (or 2 smaller grilling planks, you can cut the rack of ribs to fit.)
The Night Before:
- Trim off silver sinew and excess fat. Place rib rack on foil.
- Select dry spice-salt rub and apply liberally to the ribs.
- Wrap in foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Meal Prep Time:
- Soak your plank in hot tap water for at least 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill on high.
- Place the ribs on the plank and place plank on the grill.
- Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes to bring the plank to a heavy smoke.
- At maximum smoke, turn the barbecue temperature to low.
- Continue cooking on low for 40-45 minutes. Be sure the barbecue remains covered. Keep a spray water bottle filled with ½ apple cider vinegar and ½ water. Use this spray to keep the ribs moist while cooking and to douse any flare ups.
- After ribs are finished remove and cover with foil and let them rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.