Smoked Prime Rib is a true treat for any holiday or special occasion.
Serves – 6
Cook Time – 1½ hours
Tip - Many meat counters will do the prep work for you if you are short on time.
- Hardwood Smoking Pellets
- Rib Rub No. 6
- 8-10 lb. Prime Rib Roast
- Trim any excess fat and tie the roast with butcher's twine between each bone to keep the meat from separating from the cap. Generously season with Rib Rub No. 6 spice blend.
- When ready to cook, set pellet smoker to 250˚F and allow to preheat for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the roast directly on the grill, fat side up, and allow to cook, lid closed for 3-4 hours or until the internal temp reaches 120˚ F for rare or 130˚ F for medium.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and allow to rest, covered, at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- To carve, cut away twine and slice against the grain. Enjoy!