The port and fig filling on these grilled pears is just top notch delicious.
Serves – 4
Time – 45 minutes
- Cherry Grilling Planks
- 2 Pears
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup sliced Almonds
- 8 oz dried Figs
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- ⅓ cup Port wine
- Preheat a grill or oven to 400˚F, soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the figs, wine, and sugar in a pan. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone and mixture is jammy and sticky. Set aside to cool.
- While the figs are cooking, prepare the pears. Use a spoon to scoop out a well in the center of each half.
- Toss the pears in the melted butter and brown sugar. Arrange on the planks.
- Place the planks on the grill or in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes or until the pears are soft all the way through. Set aside.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and lightly toast the almonds in a dry pan.
- Divide the fig filling evenly between the 4 pear halves by mounding it into each cavity.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream and toasted almonds.