Game day is for grilling, but it's also for watching the game. Never miss the biggest play when you've got alder planked chicken wings on the grill. May the best team win.
- 2 Large Alder Grilling Planks
- 3 lbs. Chicken Wings, tips removed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbs. curry ketchup (or plain ketchup with ½ tsp. curry powder added)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs. melted butter
- 1 tbs. Sriracha
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Carrot Sticks
- Soak alder grilling plank in water for at least an hour.
- Preheat grill to 375ºF.
- Mix together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, butter and Sriracha to make glaze. Set one cup aside; use the rest for step 2.
- In large bowl toss wings with glaze.
- Arrange wings on the planks so they are spooning, but not touching then add to grill.Plank Grilled Chicken Wings. Football Food.
- Brush wings with reserved glaze every 10 minutes. Plank grilled chicken wing are perfect game time snacks.
- Once glaze starts to caramelize, increase temp to get a good smoke rollin' from the alder plank. Keep a spray bottle of water close by to douse any flames.
- After they are sufficiently bathed in tasty alder smoke (and have reached an internal temp of 165ºF) remove from heat.
- Enjoy with Blue cheese dressing, celery, carrot, football and cold and tasty beer.
*If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!