This smoky steak salad will have you craving salad for dinner! Super satisfying and packed with flavor.
Total time: 20 minutes
- Mesquite Smoking Chips
- 2 - 8 oz Sirloin Steaks
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Baguette, torn into large cubes
- Olive Oil
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 small Cucumber, sliced
- Salad Greens
For the Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Preheat a charcoal grill, the coals are ready when they are white hot.
- Throw a handful of mesquite smoking chips directly onto the hot coals.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt, and set on the grill.
- Flip the steaks after about 3 minutes, adding more chips and cook to desired doneness.
- While the steak cooks, make the dressing. Add the mustard and vinegar into a bowl, slowly pour in the oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest.
- Make the croutons by tossing the bread cubes in a little olive oil and salt. Briefly grill the bread on all sides until well toasted.
- Toss the salad greens with the dressing, top with croutons and sliced steak.
- Serve immediately.