Hickory smoke and burgers, there’s nothing more to say.
Tip – We don’t usually recommend processed anything, but American cheese really is classic for melting on burgers.
- Hickory Grilling Planks
- 1lb. ground Beef
- 1lb. ground Pork
- 2 tsp. each Salt and Pepper
- 4 slices processed Cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 6 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 4 Burger buns, briefly toasted
- Preheat a grill to 425°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the beef, pork, salt, and pepper. Form 4 equal sized patties.
- Place the burgers on the plank, set on the grill, close the lid, and cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the burgers cook, combine the paprika and mayonnaise, mix well.
- One minute before removing the burgers from the grill, top each one with a slice of cheese.
- To serve, place sauce on the bottom half of each bun, add the tomato, lettuce and onion, top with the burger and rest of the bun.