A perfect meal for those solo nights at home.
Serves – 1
Total Time – 30 minutes
- Hickory Grilling Plank
- 1 Venison tomahawk steak (beef could be a substitute)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh Sage
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parsley
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
- Preheat a grill to 425˚F and soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Use the back of a knife to scrape the bone clean.
- Season the steak well with salt and pepper on both sides and place on the plank.
- Place the plank on the grill and close the lid. Keep a spray bottle handy, this high heat may cause the plank to flare up. Cook to a desired internal temp.
- When the meat is cooked to your liking, sear it straight on the grill for 30 seconds each side for a little color and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Make the pesto by adding all ingredients except the oil to a food processor, pulse smooth. With the machine running, add enough oil to make the pesto loose enough to spoon.
- Serve the steak immediately with a drizzle of the pesto