We tried to come up with a healthy version of a burger and fries. We. Really. Tried. We were doing really well, until it came to the point where we put a big, delicious slice of cheddar on each burger.. The zucchini fries were better than we thought they'd be, but do they bring it back into reasonable "healthy" territory? We'll let you decide.
- 1 Hickory Grilling Plank
- 1 lb. Ground Great Range Bison Burger or high quality ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp. Bill Baron's all Natural Hickory Smoked Salt & Pepper Rub -OR- 1 tsp. of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Combine all ingredient’s in a large bowl, if they aren't sticking together properly add an egg.
- Shape into 4 burgers.
- Add to plank, grill on high for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
Zucchini Fries Ingredients
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 tsp kosher or other course grain salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Slice zucchinis length-ways. Toss in oil, salt and paprika.
- Grill for 8 minutes, turning half way through.
- Serve immediately with your cheeseburger.