Our Hippie Gold spice rub features aromatic rosemary and turmeric. Super tasty on chicken (like in this recipe), but also good on fish, veggies, and popcorn!
Serves – 4
Total Time – 45 minutes
Tip – To cook using indirect heat, simply place the food on an enclosed grill away from the heat source. Direct heat is exactly what is sounds like, place your ingredients right over the coals or flames.
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks
- ¼ cup Hippie Gold Rub
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- ½ cup fresh Thai Basil
- ½ cup Fresh Italian Basil
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- Salt to season
- Combine the chicken with the Hippie Gold rub and olive oil. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat a gas grill on high.
- Place the chicken on the grill and turn off the heat under the drumsticks, keeping the heat on on the other side of the grill. This will create an indirect cooking zone for your chicken.
- Close the lid and cook over indirect heat for 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- Put the drumsticks back on the hot side of the grill. Turn it up high and grill the drumsticks for another 10 minutes or until crispy and well colored.
- Internal temperature should be around 165˚F. Rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Pull out 2 Tablespoons of coconut milk and set aside. Cook the rice accordingly using the rest of the coconut milk instead of water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the basil, lime juice, and reserved coconut milk to a food processor and blitz smooth.
- Stir the basil puree into the rice and serve with the chicken.