A smoky take on a classic hot winter warmer.
Serves – 4
Total Time – 30 minutes
Tip – It is important to keep the cream under 200˚F while smoking it to prevent it from curdling.
- Apple Smoking Chips
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- 4 cups strong hot Coffee
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar plus extra
- 4 tots of Whisky
- Dark Chocolate for grating
- Place the cream in a shallow dish and set in a cold smoker or use a smoking gun with the apple smoking chips. Smoke for up to 30 minutes.
- Dampen the edge of each glass, and coat the rim with brown sugar (like salting a margarita glass).
- Add ½ tbsp of brown sugar to each glass followed by the whisky and coffee. Stir.
- Gently pour the smoked cream over a cold spoon at the edge of each glass to float it gently on top of the coffee.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
- Sip immediately!