This late sweet treat makes a great appetizer, side, or dessert.
Serves – 8
Total Time – 45 minutes
Tip – Shave off a little from the underside of each apple half to give them some stability on the plank.
- Maple Grilling Planks
- 4 Apples
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 8 oz. Chèvre
- ½ cup fresh Raspberries
- 3 Tbsp. Basil leaves, sliced thin
- pinch Black Pepper
- Preheat the grill or oven to 450˚ F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the apples in half from stem to flower. Cut off a little from the undersides to allow the apples to sit flat.
- Use a spoon or melon baller to remove the core from each half leaving a hollow cavity.
- Gently warm up the honey and brush all over the apples to prevent discoloring.
- Combine the goat cheese, basil, and pepper. Mix well and fill each apple evenly. Top with berries.
- Set the apples on the plank and place on grill for 20 – 25 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Drizzle all over with more honey and serve immediately.