Steak, butter and mushrooms, need I say more?
Serves – 2 Total Time – 45 minutes
Tip – If you give the steaks a quick sear before finishing on the plank, they will be much tastier (and will look better too).
- Maple Grilling Planks
- 2 8-10 oz. Sirloin Steaks (or steak of choice)
- 4 oz. Butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
- 1 Large Portobella Mushroom, sliced
- 1 White Onion, sliced thick
For the seasoning rub:
- ½ Tbsp. Coarse Salt
- ½ Tbsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- Olive Oil
- Preheat a grill to 450°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the butter with the garlic and chives, set aside.
- Rub the steaks with a little oil and season well with the salt, pepper and paprika.
- Find the hottest part of the grill and sear the steaks for 1 minute per side.
- Toss the onion and mushroom slices with some olive oil and a little bit of the seasoning blend.
- Lay the onion and mushrooms on the planks and put them on the grill. Top with the seared steaks and close the lid.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until you reach the desired doneness. Look for 125°F for medium rare, 130°F for medium, and so on.
- When done, top the steaks with the garlic butter and serve immediately.