Whether you're cooking turkey legs up for the holidays or maybe you want to feel like a King in a big dining hall, these pellet smoked turkey legs are delicious.
Serves – 4
Cook Time – 1½ hours
Total Time – about a day and a half with brining
Tip - If you forget to get these in a brine ahead of time, they'll still be delicious with just the Hippie Gold Spice Rub.
- Hardwood Smoking Pellets
- Hippie Gold Spice Rub
- 2 Turkey hindquarters or 4 Turkey legs
- Throw your wingtips in too if you have them
For the brine
- 8 cups Water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Whole Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Curing Salt (optional)
- Make the brine by dissolving salt and brown sugar into the water. Stir in peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Place the turkey hindquarters/legs into a container with a lid or a large ziplock bag. Pour brine over turkey and completely submerge. Make a little more brine, or just top it off with water if you need in order to completely cover the turkey. Allow to brine in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Remove turkey from brine, rinse, pat dry, and generously cover with Hippie Gold Spice Rub all over.
- Preheat smoker to 250˚ F. Place turkey legs directly onto your smoker and cook 2-3 hours until internal temp reaches 165˚F.