Serves 8 - 12 Total time – 30 minutes
This dish is a great crowd pleasing appetizer that is both unique and familiar. We tried to make this dish as easy to prepare as possible.
Tip – Use your preferred beer style for this recipe as the cheese really takes on its characteristics.
- 1 lb Cherry Smoking Blocks
- 1 12oz beer
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup bell peppers, diced
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 4 Tbs. chives
- Preheat a charcoal grill and allow the coals to develop, add the smoking blocks.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the stove and add the beer, reduce by half.
- Whisk in the cream cheese. Continue whisking until smooth.
- Add the cheddar and bell peppers, combine well.
- Place the skillet on the grill and replace the lid (make sure the blocks are emitting plenty of smoke, add more if needed).
- Smoke the cheese dip for 10 minutes and remove when bubbling and slightly colored.
- Top with the bacon, chives and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.