This one is quick, easy, and very tasty.
Tip – If you don’t want to make your own teriyaki sauce, store bought will work just as well. If you do make your own, try to make it in advance so it is completely chilled.
Total time - 30 mins
- Cedar Plank
- 4 6-8 oz. Salmon portions
- 1 Pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced 1” thick
- A selection of fresh chilis
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- 1” fresh Ginger, crushed
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat the grill to 400˚ F.
- Make the sauce. Add all ingredients to a pan, stir to dissolve and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until reduced by ⅓ and syrupy. Set aside to cool. This sauce will thicken as it cools and will coat the salmon better when it is chilled.
- Cook the rice accordingly. Add the can of coconut milk with water to make up the total amount of liquid required.
- Place the salmon pieces on the cedar plank and brush liberally with Teriyaki sauce.
- Set the plank on the grill and cook for 15 – 20 minutes, brushing with sauce 4 more times until done.
- While the salmon is cooking, add the chilis to the grill and rotate several times until blackened and blistered all over. Place the pineapple on the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side to get blackened grill marks.
- Serve the salmon with the rice, grilled chilis, pineapple, and plenty of lime wedges.