This recipe was created in Kona, HI, so if you don't find yourself on the Big Island right now, feel free to substitute local ingredients. It'll taste almost as delicious at home.
- 1 Alder Grilling Plank
- 2 Ono or swordfish steaks
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 cup rice, steamed
- 1 white onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh mango, diced
- ½ cup assorted berries- I used blackcap raspberries and Suriname cherry
- Sea salt
- Lime juice from one lime
- Soak Wildwood Grilling Outlet Alder Grilling Plank for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place soaked alder plank on grill and add pineapple rounds. Close lid and allow to smoke and smolder for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add fillets on top of pineapple rounds.
- Sprinkle fish with sea salt and scoop half of the salsa fresca on top.
- Allow fish to grill for 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully remove from grill, serve over rice, and top with remaining salsa fresca. Enjoy!
*If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!