- 1 Large 15"x7" Cedar Grilling Plank
- 1 6-7 pound turkey breast, thawed
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 oranges, zested (we used 1 navel orange and one blood orange)
- Soak your cedar grilling plank for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Rinse turkey breast.
- Make a citrusy compound butter by blending the orange zest with softened butter.
- Rub the turkey breast on all sides and under the skin with the citrus butter.
- Liberally salt the turkey breast on all sides.
- Preheat the grill to 375ºF.
- Thinly slice the zested oranges and add them to grilling plank (check out the photo), then put the turkey breast on top of them.
- Add the turkey breast to the grill and grill for 45-50 minutes. Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups. (With a recipe with a relatively long grill time it’s normal to see some flames.)
- Using a meat thermometer check the internal temperature. Remove the turkey breast from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Our turkey had a built-in thermometer that would pop-up when the internal temp reaches 180ºF, but we didn’t let our bird get that hot.
- Cover turkey breast with aluminum foil and let rest for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our newsletter on the bottom of the page. You will receive an occasional e-mail about Big Sales, Free Giveaways and More!