This shrimp dish is practically effortless to put together and carries a lot of flavor between the cayenne and mint.
Serves - 4-6
Time - 20 minutes
Tip - This is perfect on it's own as a light meal, or serve it on top of a bed of your favorite greens, grains, or chilled pasta for something a little more substantial.
- 2 Alder Grilling Planks
- 2 lbs. Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cayenne, or more to taste
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh Mint, leaves only
- Soak Alder grilling plank in warm water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, salt, cayenne, paprika, half the olive oil, and the lemon juice. Mix gently.
- Place the shrimp in a single, dense layer onto the Alder Grilling Planks and set the planks on the preheated grill. Close the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes until the shrimp are opaque.
- Tear up the mint leaves a little and set aside.
- Once the shrimp have finished cooking, toss together with the torn mint leaves and a little more olive oil and lemon juice, to taste.
- Serve as you wish!